Named Items are found in very rare instances in the game from any enemy encountered that have a special ability unique to that named item type (the highest chance of dropping named item is from Gorgona the mad witch). You are only able to find Epic or Legendary items - and the chance for the legendary one is double as small as for epic.
They include random stats like normal items, and a % chance (random within a certain range) of something special happening. There are currently 7 known named items. Note that Named Items are not the same as Living Items and do not change level to match the character using them.
These items cannot drop from the summoned monsters, which include skeletons, merloks and any other types of monsters summoned by the higher rank ones.
- Mace: Elban's Scepter (chance to spawn an ally skeleton each time a monster is slain).
- Mace: Mukraiser (small chance to spawn an ally murlok toad when attacking).
Tome: Necronomicon (chance to spawn an ally skeleton each time a monster is slain).
- Sword: Deidre's Resolve (small chance to hit twice when attacking, like Arcanist Set 6/6).
- Cape: Integralas' Mantle (chance to temp. buff ability rate on attack, stacks up to 5x).
- Shield: Encrypted Shield (high chance to generate a damage-absorbing shield when blocking an attack).
- Shield: Rylocke's Deflectors (chance to fire arc lightning when blocking an attack, deals damage scaling with your Damage Reflected stat).
Here are some in-game examples (level 60):
- Named items has been added in 2015, as the special gear items.
- Now there are 7 available (in fact that all has been collected and found).
- Each named item offers a "Special Gear effect bonus" that can stack up by: it's level, it's quality, random stats.
- Even Named Items are rare to find, their drop rate has been greatly increased in Update 1.2.32. See the Update notes for full changes. The drop rate of getting these is nearly 5 times better than before (mainly in trial levels).